Start a new topic

auto-save SQL-commander windows to named files

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm using Dbvis 8.0.1 on Windows-x64. Is there a way to frequently autosave the contents of the "SQL-Commander" windows to the named files? (in other words: autosave would only apply if I named a file per SQL-commander window). I use the multiple SQL-commander windows frequently - building up lists of queries and remarks and saving them to named files. I always want to preserve the contents of multiple SQL-commander windows - regardless of whether or not I explicitly remember to save them. I try to remember to frequently save the contents of the SQL-commander windows manually, but sometimes forget. What I need is a feature to autosave the contents of the sql-commander window to the named-file (assuming there is a named file). This will help to preserve the contents in the event that I must either kill dbvis, or the machine gets rebooted from remote, or the machine gets rebooted by software-updates. Currently I just lose the contents of the SQL-commander windows if dbvis has to exit abnormally for whatever reason - seems a pity. Maybe the feature already exists but I don't know about it?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: auto-save SQL-commander windows to named files
Hi Mike, Thanks for the suggestion. This feature does not exist today but I have added your suggestion to our internal feature request system. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: auto-save SQL-commander windows to named files
Hi Mike, Just wanted to tell you that auto-save is added in the just released 9.0 version: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.0 Best Regards, Hans