Start a new topic

selecting series for a graph is odd

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

When I try to select series, the graphs disappear when selecting columns as series using the regular dropdown as shown in the pic. This is in the case where all selected columns have data. I can work around this using the chart configuration window. When a column has NULL data in it. it causes the complete graph to clear. A little check for sanity would do nice here. I would expect when a data point contains a NULL, it is not shown. In this case, all rows happen to have NULL in them so for this specific line no output would be OK. Forgetting to plot any line because one has odd data in it is imho not OK. Ronald. Edited by: Ronald Rood on 7-feb-2013 17:43

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: selecting series for a graph is odd
Hi Ronald, You mention an attached picture but there wasn't any. For NULL values these should just appear has holes in the chart and not affect other points. I think your image will better clarify. Regards Roger

Ah thanks for the image :-) Roger

Ronald, There is a bug somewhere that we need to look into. It seem happen only when the auto reloader is running? Try turn it off and see what happens if you repeat the steps. Let me know the result. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, quick as ususal :-D yes, it happens when the autoloader is running, not when it is stopped. (it's also quite a list of columns (45), my first thought was in that direction) thanks, Ronald.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Could the problem be that this complete columns ONLY has NULL's in them?

Ronald, Just to inform that this will be fixed in next maintenance release. Regards Roger

Ronald, Just to inform you that this is now solved in 9.0.4. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger