Start a new topic

Evaluation in old version

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi I've tried to use DBvis evaluation version 9.1.3 I want using it only as local replacement for phpmyadmin. But, I'm sorry but the evaluation version has to many limitations too me. - Only one SQL screen - not possible to mark sql statement and execute only the marked one - ... Are the older versions the same ? If not, I will search another tool. Thx Wolfgang

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Evaluation in old version
Hi Wolfgang, The limitations you mention are limitations in the Free edition. If you purchase a Pro license, it does not have those limitations and also add a lot of database-specific features for a number of databases. Here's a side-by-side comparison of the features in Free and Pro: http://www.dbvis.com/features/feature-list/ You can try out the Pro edition by activating a 21 day evaluation in Help->Evaluate Pro Edition. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Hans, but .. I do not need * SSH support with known_hosts and private key support * Organize database connections in folders --> nice but not needed * Set individual tab background color and borders for each connection --> nice, not needed * Database specific support for --> whatever that means. What I need so far I have in free edition * Database objects filtering * Search database objects * Script multiple database objects using drag&drop But while going through, I see now that I can not create tables nor indexes.. I can not even run a script having a go That's sh... So, do we have this limitation in import functionalities of an SQL editor in old versions too, yes or no ? If so, then the free edition is just a joke, not something to be really useable. Sorry for that, but it's true, you know. I mean, why providing such a free version which is not useable in reality. Edited by: Wolfgang Studer on 27.11.2013 19:56
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Wolfgang, With Free you can create tables, indexes etc., but there is no GUI interface for these features as there is in Pro. Instead you need to execute the corresponding CREATE statement in the SQL Commander tab. The feature set available in the Free edition has been pretty much unchanged over the versions for many years. Even if you find that it is not sufficient for your needs, there are many thousands of happy Free users around the world. If you need more features we offer the Pro version, but you need to purchase a license. A single license is $179, and gives you free upgrades (including new feature versions) for a year. You can then continue to use whatever version was the current version at the end of that year forever. If you want to upgrade to versions released after that year, you need to buy a renewal, currently priced at $63 for a single user. You may be able to find another tool that gives you the features you need for free or at a lower price, but this is how the we have decided to make our product available: for free with limited functionality for those with limited needs and with a license for those that need more. Best Regards, Hans