Start a new topic

Default Database Connection that is selected upon opening DbVisualizer

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello all, I have been working to automate a few of my processes that require a report to be exported using DbVisualizer, the only problem with that is when the Automator opens DbV it can't run the SQL query because it prompts me to select a database connection. I've tried using the "Sticky" feature but it doesn't seem to remember when I close and reopen DbV. Does a solution exist that would allow me to either A) Set up an auto export to skip the opening and running of the query, or B) Select a default database so that every time DbV is started it will have it chosen? Thanks for any tips.
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Default Database Connection that is selected upon opening DbVisualizer
Hi Matthew, For tasks like this, I suggest you have a look at the command line interface instead: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/Command+Line+Interface Another alternative is to mark the connection as Connect All and enable that all connections marked like that should be connected at startup, as suggested by Roger to your question in the ticket you submitted about the same thing. Best Regards, Hans Edited by: admin on Apr 7, 2016 8:36 PM