Start a new topic

DbVis Report Writing

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Add report writing capability. After a result is generated, the report writer could process it. Actually, it would take the load off the db by doing all the selecting , sorting, grouping, totaling. The SQL Engine could be used to pull bulk data. The HP-NonStop language "ENFORM" and ADABAS' "Natural" are two examples.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DbVis Report Writing
Hi, I agree that a report capability would be nice. I'll add your vote. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Something similar to the OpenOffice Base extension, "Sun Report Builder" would really enhance DbVis.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Reporting is still very important... Will be there news about it in next versions? Until then I have to use JasperReports, but it's not so easy, neither integrated with DbVis... Sergio Italy

Reporting is still very important... Will be there news about it in next versions? Until then I have to use JasperReports, but it's not so easy, neither integrated with DbVis... Sergio Italy
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Sergio, Enhanced reporting will unfortunately not make its way into the next feature version. Regards Roger